About this workshop
Learn the use of photopolymer plates in combination with digital photography to create Photogravures.
On day two, there will be plenty of time for experimentation with printmaking techniques and paper options including Chine Colle techniques using rice papers and digitally created color layers.
Required skill level
No previous experience required
What do I need to bring?
- 3 - 5 Digital photos (300dpi, RGB or RAW).
- Laptop with Photoshop, power cords etc.
- A USB stick
- Plastic bag to store your plates (zip lock bags are good for this)
- A digital camera may be useful for you to record some of the steps.
- You are welcome to bring along any specialty papers, etching papers or Japanese rice papers.
- Snacks, lunch, water bottle, notepad and pen.
Closed-toed shoes, apron and disposable gloves.
Maximum class size
What is included
All instruction, tools and materials included. You will receive two A5 etching photo plates & 4 or 5 prints from each plate.
Morning tea/lunch info
Morning tea included
About the instructor
Photo-Media ArtistMore info