Standard Conditions of Entry
Tickets issued by Sovereign Hill Museums Association for the Centre for Rare Arts & Forgotten Trades (Rare Trades Centre) are subject to the following conditions and regulations, which shall be made available upon request:
- Tickets are sold by SHMA for the Centre for Rare Arts & Forgotten Trades (Rare Trades Centre) program. A ticket is a receipt and is not transferable.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission or to request a visitor to leave the Rare Trades Centre facilities. If you are asked to leave, the Rare Trades Centre Refund/Cancellation Policy will apply and is available here.
- Workshop and Event ticket purchases are non-refundable except as specified in the relevant Refund/Cancellation Policy.
- Tickets purchased may not, without our prior written consent be resold, packaged or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods and services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of these conditions, the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission, or other action taken, without refund. Entry may also be denied if tickets are not purchased from an authorised point-of-sale.
- The Rare Trades Centre is not open for general public access. Access is by appointment or through a program booking. Entry for private functions will be provided under conditions at the sole discretion of the Rare Trades Centre.
- Photography during a workshop is permitted at the discretion of the Workshop Instructor. If attending a workshop, please check with the instructor prior to the commencement of the workshop if photography is allowed.
- Any photographs you take in or of the Rare Trades Centre cannot be used for any purpose other than for regular private purposes without our prior written consent. Images cannot be sold, licensed, published or otherwise commercially exploited.
- Workshop Participants and Event Patrons consent to being photographed, filmed and recorded as visitors to the Rare Trades Centre and consent to the use of any such film, image or recording at the sole discretion of the Rare Trades Centre.
- Making or distributing of broadcasts, commentary or news reports by any means in any format or media including any such commentary made by mobile phone or other device is not permitted without our prior consent. Prior written approval from the Rare Trades Centre is necessary for photography intended for publication.
- For the comfort and safety of visitors, staff and volunteers, you may not bring the following items into the Rare Trades Centre and a Rare Trades Centre employee may, in his/her absolute discretion, deny the entry of such items into the Rare Trades Centre: Alcohol, illicit drugs, animals (except assistance animals including guide dogs and on-duty dogs under the control and supervision of on-duty emergency or security personnel or dogs engaged in a performance approved by the CEO or his/her representative or Chief Warden in accordance with Sovereign Hill’s Assistance Animals Access Policy 2010); any item that could be used as a weapon; personal speakers, unauthorised advertising material or flyers and dangerous goods or any other item prohibited by legislation.
- The Rare Trades Centre is a non-smoking venue; this includes all buildings, property, grounds and car parks.
- Whilst at the Rare Trades Centre, you are responsible for the security of their own property. All bags may be subject to search, and visitors are reminded to not leave bags or packages unattended at any time. Bags and coats are not permitted in workshops or research spaces. Personal lockers are provided, located in the foyer of the building.
- To keep all attendees safe, participants must meet the age guidelines of the workshop they purchase tickets for. Age restrictions are specified for each event and in purchasing a ticket, you are confirming that the attendee meets the advertised age restrictions. Exceptions to the advertised restrictions must have permission from us in writing.
- Participants under 18 years of age can only attend workshops with parental/guardian written consent via the provided form.
- Proof of age and concession identification may be required.
- We take no responsibility for personal injury, loss or damage however caused, including any negligence (but not gross negligence), breach of duty, default or omission on the part of the SHMA staff, volunteers, contractors or agents.
- Appointed Officers of SHMA reserve the right, with reasonable cause, to refuse entry to any person or to remove any person from the Rare Trades Centre without any entitlement to a refund subject to all laws.
- Workshop participants may be exposed to potentially hazardous activities associated with their learning such as operating machinery, use of hand tools and exposure to loud noises. All such activities are conducted with safe operating procedures, personal protective equipment and appropriate training. Your ticket will outline recommended clothing guidelines and PPE will be provided. During some workshops/experiences, participants will be exposed to environmental elements such as direct sunlight, heat and wintry conditions. Visitors are required to take appropriate care and to ensure they are appropriately hydrating, protected from the sun and are dressed to the conditions.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service you have requested.
- Any personal information communicated to us when purchasing a ticket is collected for the purposes of understanding our visitors and collecting statistical data for business reporting purposes. We may also use such personal information for direct marketing purposes in its promotion of the Rare Trades Centre and related products. You will be given prior opportunity to ‘opt out’ of receiving further direct marketing material. We value privacy and will never share or sell your personal information without your consent.
Purchasing Security Policy
- When purchasing from our website, your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
- No transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst SHMA strives to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us, including your credit card details, is transmitted at your own risk.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Click the link below to view the competition terms and conditions.